Jo Rankin - GALLERY
A section of my new gallery - Jo Rankin ART - at 8 SEAGERS CLOSE - KINLOCH - TAUPO - New Zealand. 6th January 2019
17th January 2019
It is so wonderful to have my lovely space to paint and then the bonus of having my GALLERY ( right through the STUDIO door) to show my artwork is fulfilling the dream I have had for many years.
2019 is going to be a GREAT YEAR.
30th January 2019
The end of another busy day with deliveries of new paintings to a wonderful new gallery who will be representing my art work.
The gallery is "4Artsake" at 23 Pohutukawa Ave, Ohope 3121, New Zealand, www.4artsake.co.nz.
Phone 07-312-4223, Mob. 021-912-449,
More news soon.
11th March 2019
Here we are into the second week of Autumn, oh my gosh nearly a quarter of the year gone already. Frightening. Since I posted my last news I have had a lot happening, preparing new works to go to Mairangi Bay Arts in Auckland (1st to 15th April ) for my display wall.
Completing a commissioned painting which has now gone to new owners in Christchurch.
And a very exciting event. I have been filmed by the "COLOUR IN YOUR LIFE" team, ( Australian Company ) who produce 30 minute documentary/videos on artists around the world.
I was one of 5 artists in NZ chosen to feature my painting techniques and complete a work for this series.
It was a thrill and privilege to be asked to participate in such a prestigious event.
The video will be released to TV and YOUTUBE next month ( date to be advised ) and will be shown around the world to millions of viewers.
I am feeling extremely grateful to have had this opportunity.
I am having knee replacement surgery next week.
Luckily that will not affect my painting hands !!!!! But it may slow down my Studio time as I will be on crutches for 6 weeks. Hoping and praying for a quick recovery and no complications.
Hope all my loyal followers are fit and well. I know that we all have enjoyed our wonderful summer
Talk again soon.
4Artsake - OHOPE.
15th February 2019.
I am sure all New Zealanders will agree with me, "what a summer we are having". Dare I say too hot !!!!
I am suffering, my garden is suffering and it is so hot in my Studio. It has North facing windows, so lots of sun, great in the winter, not so great on these hot summer day's.
We have had friends staying for 5 days so nice to have some relaxing time together.
We go to 4Artsake Gallery tomorrow to deliver a new painting, about 1 1/2 hours drive away from our home.
I have some very very amazing news to tell you on my next blog ( 1st March ), I am bursting with excitement .
In 2 weeks time I can share my next BIG event.
Talk soon and take care.
24th March 2019.
I am back home after my surgery and making progress, learning how to walk on crutches. I am grateful that the operation went smoothly.
I need to be back in the Studio as there are 3 important events coming up for me.
1. I mentioned in my last news that "COLOUR IN YOUR LIFE" was going to film me. This happened nearly 2 weeks ago and I have just heard that the video is going to air on the 5th April.
This 30 minute film will be available on YOU TUBE, featured on several social media sites and available to TV stations in 7 countries. I am so excited and thrilled to have had this opportunity as this exposure will connect to millions of viewers world wide. Can't wait.
2. Taupo Art Connection has their major event for the year the first weekend in June. This comprises of an Art Trail where visitor's and buyers can view art work in the artist's gallery or studio. The trail is open for 4 day's and has been a very successful event for the last 5 years. I am looking forward to catching up with previous buyers and collectors of my art and also meeting new folk who visit my gallery for the first time.
3. I have joined together with 4 other artist's and we will form a permanent trail for visitors to the local area. We are in fairly close proximity to each other so it means that folk are almost at one destination to see 5 artist's and their work.
We will all be open 3 days ( Friday, Saturday, Sunday ). Our DL Brochures will be featured in all the Hotels, Motels and Information centres in Taupo so the visitors and tourists can access the information for "NORTH OF THE RIVER" galleries.
We feel very confident that our idea will be of benefit to us all, both in numbers visiting and sales.
So - more paintings to be done - it's a busy time for sure.
I hope everyone is fit and well. We are enjoying a beautiful Indian summer here in New Zealand.
Bye for now. Jo.
26th June 2019
Shame on me. I have not done posts for 2 months - so finally here is the latest news.
1. My knee replacement op. 3 months on, I have had a clearance from my surgeon, walking evenly and easily and very little pain. Yeah.
2. "Colour in Your Life". The YouTube site for the video of MY episode in this series has now over 14,000 views. Just amazing. If you haven't seen it go to (YouTube) "Colour in Your Life Jo Rankin" and you will be able to see it.
3. Taupo Art Trail (3 weeks ago). It was such an exciting weekend and we had record visitors coming to my gallery. Unfortunately we had dreadful weather but it did not stop the buyers and visitors coming out to support and meet the 28 artists showing their art. I was very thrilled to have some good sales to both new and previous collectors of my paintings. Thank you to approx. 200 visitors who came to my gallery.
4. Its winter time here in NZ so there's lots of sitting in front of the fire or the painting in my warm studio with the heater on. Both are very good options when it is cold and wet outside.
I have a couple of exhibitions coming up so there is always painting to be done!!!
More news soon.
Stay healthy and happy everyone.
31st July 2019
Hi all, its been a quiet month as it is mid winter with lots of cold rainy days. We have gone through most of our winter supply of fire wood so lets hope warm days are around the corner.
However, there have been some productive days in the studio with the heater on and some music going. I have been preparing some new works for an exhibition/sale helping to raise funds for HILLTOP SCHOOL here in TAUPO. Five paintings were delivered yesterday ready for the opening this Friday evening.
A new Gallery in the Bay of Plenty is now representing me for that area MACANDMOR ART GALLERY in The Goddard Centre , Devonport Road Tauranga is a beautiful light filled space so I am delighted that my work is being displayed there.
Our Auckland family are arriving for a weekend visit on Friday and we are looking forward to a fun family time together.
Bye for now Jo.
30th August 2019
Hello everyone, in spite of it being a wet miserable month and not many visitors to the gallery, we did have several groups of overseas tourists holidaying in New Zealand who found their way to KINLOCH to view my art work.
Three paintings were sold to lovely folk from Newcastle Australia and these paintings will be personally delivered when we travel to Sydney next month.
We have also done a road trip delivering fresh paintings to galleries at WAIHI BEACH, MACANDMOR TAURANGA, AND 4ART SAKE OHOPE . Spring is about to arrive and I am looking forward to warmer days and inspiration from trees and flowers bursting into life.
Take care and best wishes Jo.